EPS Holdings, Inc. (EPS Holdings) is the holding company for EPS Group, which contributes to the development of a sound industry by creating valuable solutions. In overseeing the management of EPS Group companies and supporting their operations, EPS Holdings is entrusted with the personal information of customers.
EPS Holdings is aware of the gravity of its social responsibility for properly and securely handling the information of customers who use EPS Group company services.
All EPS Holdings executives and employees understand the following policies for protecting personal information and pledge to faithfully uphold them. (The policies given below apply to the handling of personal information by executives and employees of EPS Holdings. Individual EPS Group companies have established similar policies. For more information on the policies of individual EPS Group companies, please contact the relevant EPS Group company.)
Personal Information Protection Policies
- EPS Holdings will abide by Japan's laws and ordinances, and guidelines established by the Japanese government, on the handling of personal information in its business activities and the handling of the personal information, including that of employees and others.
- EPS Holdings will specify the purposes for which personal information is collected and will not use personal information for purposes other than those specified. Proper management measures will be taken to ensure that personal information is not used for purpose other than those specified.
- EPS Holdings will not provide personal information to third parties unless the permission of the individuals whose information would be provided has been obtained or the purpose of the provision of personal information is to comply with a law or ordinance.
- EPS Holdings will swiftly investigate complaints or inquiries it receives regarding its handling of personal information and respond in good faith within a reasonable amount of time.
- EPS Holdings will take reasonable technology-based and organization-based security measures to properly manage personal information. EPS Holdings will work to prevent the unauthorized disclosure, loss, or alteration of personal information, and take corrective actions when necessary.
- EPS Holdings will constantly work to improve its protection of personal information by updating or upgrading management systems for protecting personal information as changes in social conditions or circumstances warrant.
Established: January 1, 2015
Chairman & CEO
EPS Holdings, Inc.
January 1, 2015
Handling of Personal Information
EPS Holdings, Inc.
Personal Information Protection Manager
1. Purposes for which Personal Information will be Used
EPS Holdings will use personal information in the following business activities and to the extent necessary to achieve usage purposes.
(1) Business Activities
- Work related to management activities
- Work related to the listing of shares
- Work related to the support of business operations
- Work related to the hiring of employees
(2) Usage Purposes
- Supervision of the management, and support of the business activities, of EPS Group companies.
- Exercise of rights or performance of duties in accordance with commercial law; preparation of shareholder data in accordance with standards specified in applicable laws and ordinances, and other shareholder management purposes; provision of various benefits from EPS Holdings to shareholders of EPS Holdings; and implementation of various measures for creating or maintaining smooth relations between shareholders and EPS Holdings.
- Proper and efficient performance of personal information processing entrusted to EPS Holdings either in whole or in part by another business or other party.
- Screening of candidates for employment by EPS Holdings.
- Management of employment- and benefit-related matters for EPS Holdings employees.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information entrusted to EPS Holdings will not be provided to third parties without the agreement of the individuals whose information would be provided, except under the following circumstances.
- Information that must be provided is disclosed or notified ahead of time to the individual whose information will be provided to a third party, and the individual has agreed to the provision.
- Provision of personal information is necessary to protect life, health, or property, and gaining prior agreement of the individual whose information will be provide is impractical.
- Provision of personal information is to comply with a law or ordinance.
- Provision of personal information is necessary for public health purposes, or for the sound development of children, and gaining prior agreement of the individual whose information will be provide is impractical.
- The handling of personal information will be entrusted either in whole or in part to an outside party to the extent necessary to achieve usage purposes.
- Personal information has been provided in connection with a merger or other business-continuation-related matter, and the personal information will be used within the scope of usage purposes predating the business-continuation-related matter.
Personal information may be entrusted to an outside party meeting EPS Holdings’ personal information protection standards. The reasons for such entrustment include but are not limited to management of personnel matters, sending of postal items, and repair and maintenance of systems.
4. Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal Information Subject to Disclosure
- EPS Holdings accepts requests from individuals to disclose their personal information held by EPS Holdings; report usage purposes; and correct, cease usage of, or cease provision (to third parties) of personal information the content of which is inconsistent with facts. For more information on these requests (collectively referred to as “disclosure requests”), please contact EPS Holdings via the phone number or email address provided below.
- Requests for the disclosure of personal information and for the reporting of usage purposes entail the payment of a fee specified by EPS Holdings.
5. Voluntary Nature of the Provision of Personal Information and the Consequences of Not Providing Personal Information
The provision of personal information is voluntary. It should be noted, however, that the provision of incorrect information or the refusal to provide correct information could preclude the proper performance of activities such as hiring and employment management, provision of guidance necessary for the performance of administrative services as a contracted service provider, and contacting of individuals for whom correct personal information is lacking.
6. Inquiries and Complaints regarding the Handling of Personal Information Subject to Disclosure
Inquiries and complaints regarding the handling of personal information by EPS Holdings should be communicated to EPS Holdings via the Contact.
EPS Holdings, Inc. and EPS Group companies have taken all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of information posted on this website. Nevertheless, this website may still include information that is technically incorrect or wrong due to a typographical error. Neither EPS Holdings, Inc. nor EPS Group companies shall bear any liability for damages resulting from inaccurate information or from typographical errors, even if notification of the possibility of such damages has been provided ahead of time.
Information on this website may be changed or updated without prior notice, and EPS Holdings, Inc. and EPS Group companies may at any time improve or change product information or software programs included in this website without prior notice. Neither EPS Holdings, Inc. nor EPS Group companies shall bear any liability for damages resulting from such changes, updates, or improvements, even if notification of the possibility of such damages has been provided ahead of time.
Regardless of the circumstances, including those mentioned above, neither EPS Holdings, Inc. nor EPS Group companies shall bear any liability whatsoever, to any party whatsoever, for any damages (including but not limited to lost profits, losses due to business interruption, and damages due to the loss of data) resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this website (including all hyperlinked websites) even if notification of the possibility of such damages has been provided ahead of time.